The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max were announced yesterday at Apple’s fall hardware event, and preorders for each device begin at 12:01AM PT / 3:01AM ET on Friday, September 14th. The launch of the more affordable iPhone XR is being shoved to mid-October.
Preordering is necessary if you want to receive your new iPhone on launch day, which falls on Friday, September 21st. Those who opt out of preordering may be lucky enough to find a new model at a local carrier retail store shortly after launch, though it’s more likely that you may be without one for as long as a few weeks.
If you’re set on preordering, get your iPhone ready to trade in, and be prepared to stay up late — no matter where you are in the US.
Boot up the Apple Store app on your iPhone this Friday, September 14th at 12:01AM PT / 3:01AM ET to be among the first to place your order.
If you have an iPhone X, you can get up to $525 in credit toward your purchase through Apple’s GiveBack trade-in program. Even trading in an iPhone 7 can knock $200 off of your final purchase price.
- The 64GB model is $999, or $50 per month for 24 months with Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program
- For an XS with 256GB of storage, the outright cost is $1,149, or $56 per month through the Upgrade Program
- At the top of the pricing spectrum for the XS, the 512GB model costs $1,349 all at once, or $64.50 per month for 24 months
iPhone XS Max
- The 64GB model costs $100 more than the smaller XS, starting at $1,099 outright, or $54 per month through Apple’s Upgrade Program
- A 256GB configuration costs $1,249 all at once, or $60 per month for 24 months
- Finally, the 512GB XS Max costs a whopping $1,449 outright, or $69 per month via the Upgrade Program
If you are looking to spend a little less on the latest iPhone hardware, you’ll have to wait until after the XS and XS Max enjoy their collective moment in the spotlight. Preorders for the XR open up on October 19th, and launch day for the cheaper iPhone will be October 26th.
The price for the iPhone XR will start at $749 for the 64GB model, and it will move up to $849 to double the storage capacity to 128GB. If you want to max it out at 256GB of internal storage, the total price will be $899.
For those who are enrolled with Apple’s Upgrade Program, monthly installments for the XR go as low as $37 per month.
Preorders for T-Mobile customers begin online at 12:01AM PT / 3:01AM ET on September 14th, though reservations can also be made at retail locations. iPhone users can get up to $300 in billing credits over a 24-month period with the trade-in of their current Apple device. Like Apple, preorders for the iPhone XR open up on October 19th.
You’ll be able to preorder from U.S. Cellular starting on September 14 at 12:01AM PT / 3:01AM ET. While it won’t be offering special promotions for trade-ins, it’s still a good shot to secure the XS or XS Max before launch day.