RAKwireless will add new modules to its WisBlock IoT modular system every quarter. Last July, WisBlock family welcomed 14 new modules , and in September 2021, RAK11310 Raspberry Pi RP2040 LoRaWAN core was introduced together with a new baseboard and various sensor modules. This time around, the company launched […]
RAKwireless will add new modules to its WisBlock IoT modular system every quarter. Last July, WisBlock family welcomed 14 new modules, and in September 2021, RAK11310 Raspberry Pi RP2040 LoRaWAN core was introduced together with a new baseboard and various sensor modules.
This time around, the company launched 16 new Wisblock modules with two wireless modules, one adding LoRaWAN to an ESP32 core module, the other acting as an RFID and NFC card reader, as well as six sensor modules, and eight “interface” modules ranging from barcode scanners to keypads.
WisBlock Wireless modules
- RAK13300 WisBlock LPWAN module based on Semtech SX1262 transceiver extends the communication abilities of the RAK11200 ESP32 WiFi & Bluetooth LE module with LoRa / LoRaWAN.
- RAK13600 WisBlock NFC Reader enables reading and writing of NFC tags like RFID cards and other NFC enabled devices using NXP PN532 chip.
WisBlock Sensor modules
- RAK12013 WisBlock Radar Sensor – A motion sensor with a detection range of 5-7m that can be used for security systems & lighting automation.
- RAK12014 WisBlock ToF Sensor – A Time-of-Flight distance measurement sensor with a range of up to 1.5m.
- RAK12016 WisBlock Flex Sensor – This sensor measures the bending status on machinery under stress for smart factories.
- RAK12017 WisBlock IR Sensor
- RAK12019 WisBlock UV Sensor module can measure both ambient and UV light intensities.
- RAK12023+RAK12035 WisBlock Soil Moisture and Temperature Sensor – Board and soil sensor used to build a soil moisture measurement system for gardening, farming, or education purposes.
- RAK12018 WisBlock Code Reader – This module is a scanner that can read 1D and 2D barcodes like QR codes, EAN-8, ISBN, and more.
- RAK13007 WisBlock Relay module can control AC voltage up to 250V and a max AC current of 1A. It can be connected to light bulbs, electrical motors, fans, conveyors.
- RAK14006 WisBlock Rotary Input – This module provides an option to set up a device with a rotating knob
- RAK16001 WisBlock ADC Module adds 8x analog inputs to WisBlock system
- RAK14004 WisBlock Keypad Module interface board for the following keypads (also new):
- RAK14009 WisBlock Keypad 3×3
- RAK14010 WisBlock Keypad 3×4
- RAK14011 WisBlock Keypad 4×4
RAK10700 GNSS Tracker for LoRaWAN
There also appears to be a new LoRaWAN GNSS tracker based on existing Wisblock modules with the RAK10700 equipped with a Nordic Semi nRF52840 based core board, u-blox ZOE-M8Q GNSS sensor, Bosch BME680 environment sensor, LIS3DH acceleration sensor, as well as an optional solar panel for power. Source code can be found on Github, and documentation on the RAKwireless website.
You’ll find more details and purchase links to each individual modules and the GNNS tracker in the announcement.